This week, instead of a post on DSELs, I’m going to show what I’ve been working on. It’s my first, real foray into Haskell: a game implementation. Some day soon I hope to make my implementation available on the Haskell libraries repository (Hackage).
Thanks goes to the folk at the Haskell irc channel #haskell who helped me when I got stuck. Special mention goes to Saizan for his everlasting patience.
Some more details:
The game is being played by me in single player mode. The other parts shown are WIP. The graphics library used if anyone is interested is Gtk2hs.
In light of a comment by one of the visitors of the blog (which was also a nagging worry of mine), and some searching on my side I decided to alter the game’s name and certain minor features to prevent copyright problems. I have uploaded a new video which reflects these changes.